Attacks on buildings are usually initiated from an underground nest from where the termite colony builds galleries over piers or walls to attack timber and timber structures in buildings.
Usually the termite nest is outside the building perimeter but occasionally a nest may be buried in the soil beneath the building, where access to inside of the building is gained through wall cavities, cracks in mortar or concrete slabs and voids adjacent to service entry points. A qualified pest technician should be able to examine the building and provide adequate recommendations to reduce the likelihood of infestation occurring. If infestation has already occurred, the technician should identify and recommend the appropriate action needed to remove the problem. Regular Inspections should be carried out at intervals not exceeding 12 months.
When Tedmans technicians conduct a Termite Inspection at the property, we will be assessing the:
- General area of the property
- All internal areas of the property including the roof void
- All external areas of the property including the subfloor
- The grounds, up to 50m, including timber fences, timber garden structures, outbuildings and tree’s
- In addition to the visual examination, the inspection also includes non destructive tests with detective instruments. These instruments are used in accessible areas where, by the technician's past experience, has shown to be particularly susceptible to attack by timber pests.
- After the Termite Inspection has been completed, we will discuss all findings with you and you will receive an extensive written report that includes colour photographs of any damage or infestations, a summary of timber pests identified, how susceptible your property is to a termite attack and recommendations for monitoring and eliminating any active termites on your property, as well as recommendations to improve the environment in and around your property to reduce the risk of future termite infestations.
Call us today to enquire about package deals we offer for combined Termite Inspections and Pest Management Treatments.
Unwanted pests can enter your property in various ways, including external entry points, garden areas and drains. Prevention is always much better than cure when it comes to the safety of your family and sterilisation of your property against these pests.
Our general Pest Inspections are:
INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL PROPERTY
Our reception team has a background associated with multi-tenanted buildings so you can be assured we understand certain requirements for scheduling access times for tenants and residents. When on site, we are professional and respectful at all times, minimising any disruptions to our customers as much as possible.
Our technicians are ready to provide you with quality services that align with appropriate Australian regulations, laws and bi-laws.Contact us and we would be more than happy to give you a no obligation, comprehensive pest inspection proposal for your body corporate property.